Claudia Conty Chambers founded Raleigh NC Yoga in 2008, with the goal of making a wholistic and authentic yoga practice available to more people in the Raleigh North Carolina area.
Claudia always had a deep connection to the earth and an appreciation of its healing energies. As a child, she joined her mother in yoga poses. In her native Puerto Rico, she watched her godfather (a teacher of transcendental meditation) master various yoga asanas and admired her great aunt practicing Thai Chi on the balcony overlooking the ocean. At an early age, she understood that those beautiful postures and practices consisted of more than just breathing and stretching. She knew that they could bring health, peace and happiness for the body, mind and soul.
In 2003, she made the practice the yoga part of her everyday lifestyle. Five years later, she decided she wanted to share the practice with others and trained to be a yoga teacher under the guidance of Elizabeth Hoffman’s UrbanBliss.
Over the past nine years, Claudia has worked with thousands of yoga students from all backgrounds and at all experience levels, with her oldest client at 95 years (young) and using breathing techniques to calm her baby daughter. She has worked with students suffering from a number of ailments and injuries including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, herniated or bulging discs, Asthma, Arthritis, Depression, Cancer, Anxiety, stress and other dis-eases of the mind and body. She also specializes in pre-natal yoga.
The practice of Y Respira (and breathe) is at the heart of everything Claudia does, and captures the spirit of the sacred yoga studio she has built. Claudia and her fellow yogis understand that breath is the key to yoga and the key to life. She supports clients as they practice incorporating that philosophy on the mat and off the mat.
“A yogi measures the span of life by the number of breaths, not by the number of years” – Swami Sivananda
Claudia loves learning and continues to add new skills and experience to her healing repertoire. Most recently, she completed a certification with EquineOM, prompting her to offer unique horse yoga retreats, and earned her certification as an Equine Sports Massage Therapist thru EquissageNC. She also completed Thomas Berry’s Program of The InnerLife of the Child, which focuses on co-existing with Mother Earth.
She continues to create new opportunities for others as she leads a number of training programs. As an accredited Yoga Alliance School, she has trained more than 80 students with her 200 hour certified teacher-training program. She is an approved vendor of the Department of Veterans Affairs, where veterans with a disability rating of 20% or higher may be eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) Training through the Veteran Administration.
And, she now offers a Mindful Yoga and Natural Horsemanship Integration Certification for yoga teachers, equine therapists, barn owners/managers, and equestrians.
- Owner of Raleigh NC Yoga, LLC. y Respira Yoga Studio (2009)
- Certified Yoga Teacher 200 hour – Vinyasa certified by Urban Bliss (2008)
- 200 E-RYT with Yoga Alliance (2008-present)
- Massage Therapist LMBT, NC License #17542 June 2018
- Craniosacral Therapy Practitioner July 2018
- Reiki 2 Practitioner 2014
- Master Herbalist 2014 -Trinisty School of Natural Health
- Member of IAYT- International Association of Yoga Therapist Membership #: 32021902
- June 23rd 2016 Graduated from Timberlake Sanctuary with the Inner Life of the Child
- Currently enrolled in The Tempermaments
- Thai Yoga Therapist certified thru the Vedic Conservatory with Mukti Buck (2009)
- Skin Care Specialist – Specializing in Acne, Pre-cancerous lesions, Anti – Aging
- Aromatherapy Oils
- University of South Florida – 4 years, studied Business, Arts- Painting & Sculpting (1996-2000)